Updated: Sep 1, 2020
In the previous blog I wrote about the difference between PR and media relations. In this blog I wanted to share my definition of the role of the PR professional in an organisation:
Here is my opinion on what a trusted public relations advisor can offer an organisation:
1) Participate in high-level company decisions and provide advice on the best approach for the organisation, or individual, so that they maintain a positive reputation and lessen the chance of a crises.
2) Plan six month to annual strategic communications plans that create goodwill and mutual understanding between an organisation and its publics. Publics meaning employees, communities, government, customers, consumers, media etc.
3) Influence and change opinions and behaviours towards the organisation or brand through paid, earned, shared and owned strategic communications efforts such as media relations, influencer relations, social media relations/marketing, content creation and marketing communications.
4) Manage the verbal and non-verbal communications of the organisation so that it is presented in a professional manner e.g. vision, mission and values and corporate identity.
5) Ensure the organisation is crisis ready; putting in place a crisis communications plan and leading the organisation through it before, during and after any crisis.
I can help you with any of these services, as well as brainstorm creative ideas that are aligned with your strategy so that you achieve great results and business success.
Click on "Get a quote" above to get in touch with me.